|Real Life Name||
IMI Desert Eagle
|Attacks Per Second||
120 - 130
An overpowered Israeli-American handgun chambered in .50 Action Express, one of the largest pistol rounds in the world. Despite its size, weight and substantial recoil, it is highly popular amongst sport shooters, filmmakers, and game designers for its incredible power and imposing appearance, respectively.
A very expensive firearm sold throughout North America.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 28+ missions.
- Level 30 High Capacity Quick Action variants can be crafted using an AE-50 and 40 Machined Parts at a Level 10+ Weapons Bench for 37 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 30+ Engineer.
- Level 32 Sighted Recoilless variants can be crafted using an AE-50 and 86 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 56 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 32+ Engineer.
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Just one shot from this powerful handgun can kill almost any zombie it hits, and those few that survive are unlikely to withstand the decently fast follow-up shot(s). This can be exploited by shooting enemies in the back, creating critical hits and doubling the damage. Unfortunately, this will quickly empty its small magazine, though this is mitigated by a quick reload. Accuracy is on the low side for a semi-automatic pistol, so giving this to a survivor with a high Ranged Combat skill is recommended.
- Shooting Vests, Glasses, Shooting Gloves to improve its relatively mediocre accuracy.
- Ammunition Mods to further increase its already terrifying damage, all but guaranteeing one-hit-kills.
- Extended Mags to increase its small magazine, with some variants speeding up its already quick reload.
- Very High Damage
- Reloads Quickly
- Attacks Slowly
- Small Magazine
- Relatively High Ammo Cost
- AE-50 is likely a reference to the .50 Action Express round used by some models of the Desert Eagle.
- The Scoped and Suppressed variants do not have a unique in-game model.
- The Suppressed variant does not have a unique inventory icon.