|Attacks Per Second||
65 - 75
Background[edit | edit source]
The self-bow has been used by humans since before recorded history for hunting and later for warfare. While it has mostly been superseded by firearms in most purposes and the modern compound bow is more powerful, it is still a serviceable weapon in the hands of those who are skilled or lack other weapons.
Found in select sporting goods stores or the households of archery practitioners.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
Recycling products[edit | edit source]
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Pipe x 1
- Heavy Fabric x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
- Treated Wood x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Tactics[edit | edit source]
The low-level version of the compound bow, it shares many of the same traits as its other sibling, with a respectable range, high damage per shot, and incredible quietness. It also has an extremely low ammo cost, making it great for compounds that are running low on ammunition. However, its single-shot nature necessitates a reload after every shot, greatly reducing its effectiveness. Support from other survivors is a necessity to avoid being swarmed.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- Glasses to beef up its already high effective range.
- Vests to increase the wearer's health, with some variants increasing reload speed.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Very Low Ammo Cost (lowest of all bows)
- High Damage
- Good Effective Range
- Reloads Quickly
- Very Quiet
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Low Knockback