- This article is about the version in TLS:DZ. For other versions, see FAL Battle Rifle (TLS:UC). For an overview, see FAL Battle Rifle (overview).
See overview page.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 23+ missions.
- Level 23 Extended Quick Action variants can be crafted using a FAL, 26 Machined Parts, 10 Rivets, 5 Bolts, a Trigger System and a Firing Pin at a Level 9+ Weapons Bench for 28 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 23+ Engineer and Recon.
- Level 23 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using a FAL, 50 Machined Parts, 10 Rivets, 5 Bolts, 1 Magazine Case, 1 Pipe and 2 Lenses at a Level 10+ Weapons Bench for 40 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 23+ Engineer and Recon.
- Barrel x 1
- Sights x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Although classed as a long rifle, the FAL performs more like a long-range Assault Rifle. The fastest firing long rifle in the game, it also comes with a large magazine and decent damage per shot, allowing its wielder to shred even decently-sized groups of zombies without needing to reload. However, its relatively low accuracy means it is best given to survivors with a high Ranged Combat skill.
- Extended Mags enhance its magazine size further, allowing it to lay down fire for even longer. Some variants will also speed up its reloads.
- Weapon Cleaning Kits improve its relatively low accuracy, making it excellent for survivors with a low Ranged Combat skill.
- Glasses improve its range, giving its wielder a bit more breathing room. Some variants also boost its accuracy, useful for survivors with a low Ranged Combat skill.
- Ammunition Mods improve its damage, allowing it to bring down zombies more quickly and efficiently.
- High Damage
- Long Effective Range
- Large Magazine (largest of all long rifles)
- Attacks Quickly (fastest of all long rifles)
- Inaccurate (lowest of all long rifles)
- Low Move Speed Penalty (vs. other long rifles)
- High Ammo cost (vs. other long rifles)
- Rare FALs don't use the same name pool as other long rifles; they use the assault rifle name pool instead.