Kelly was a clerk at Stan's General Foods in Brookvale. She was working there when the zombie outbreak struck and lost her glasses in the confusion. Unable to see, she stumbled into the storage room and had hidden herself there ever since.
If the player talks to her, she'll request that the player find her missing glasses. In return, she'll tag along with the player for the rest of the game until she dies or is replaced by Hank. Her starting weapon is a Kitchen Knife.
- Talk to Kelly in Brookvale
- Kelly's Glasses
- Exit the storeroom and look around on the floor space to the right of the counter for Kelly's glasses (video guide). Once you've found it, go back to Kelly and talk to her.
- If the player chooses to leave her in the storage room, Kelly will thank them for their help, and tells them that she'll stay there.
- Kelly starts off more poorly equipped than Hank, who starts off with a Hunter Compact. However, should the players give her firearms, she will be just as effective with them as Hank, since the companions have identical stats.
- If the player recruits Kelly and switches weapons with her, Hank's starting weapon will be the one given to Kelly, and not the Hunter Compact he normally has.
- Zombies will not attack Kelly until she becomes the player's companion.
- Although her recruitment quest involves finding her glasses, she doesn't wear them after the quest is completed.
- If Kelly is still alive once the player reaches the boat on Union Island, she will ride on the boat in the ending (along with the player and their spouse).