|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
32 - 36
A modernized FN MAG originally adopted as a vehicle mounted weapon, the M240 was chosen to replace the aging M60 in the ever-crucial medium machine gun role. It proved to be highly effective as such and very reliable, but also rather heavy.
Deployed by all branches of the US military.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 30+ missions.
- Level 31 High Capacity variants can be crafted using a M-240 and 14 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 19 .
- Level 31 High Capacity Quick Load variants can be crafted using a M-240 and 42 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 38 . Also requires a Level 31+ Engineer.
- Level 31 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using a M-240 and ? at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for ? . Also requires a Level 31+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Essentially a high level M249, it should be used in a similar manner. Its high damage per shot, high rate of fire, and large magazine add up to a very lethal weapon, although it has the characteristically long reload time of all LMGs. Its accuracy also leaves something to be desired, though its restriction to high level characters helps mitigate this.
- Weapon Cleaning Kits to increase its low accuracy.
- Ammunition Mods to further increase its already high damage, making it more efficient.
- Glasses to improve range, with some variants also increasing accuracy.
- Bandoliers/Ammunition Pouches/Carrier Harnesses to compensate for its slow reload.
- High Damage
- Good Effective Range
- Massive Magazine
- Fully Automatic
- High RoF[n 1]
- Reloads Slowly
- Inaccurate (vs. other LMGs)
- Very High Ammo Cost
- High Move Speed Penalty
- ↑ Rate Of Fire