- This article is about the version in TLS:DZ. For other versions, see M24 (TLS:UC). For an overview, see M24 (overview).
See overview page.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 39+ missions.
- Level 16 Vintage Custom Action variants can be crafted using a Vintage M-24 and 8 Machined Parts at a Level 7+ Weapons Bench for 10 .
- Level 19 Vintage Maintained Scoped variants can be crafted using a Vintage M-24, 26 Machined Parts, 2 Lenses, a Pipe and 10 Rivets at a Level 8+ Weapons Bench for 23 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 19+ Engineer and Recon.
- Level 21 Vintage High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using a Vintage M-24, 60 Machined Parts, a Spring, a Magazine Case, 2 Lenses, a Pipe and 10 Rivets at a Level 8+ Weapons Bench for 36 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 21+ Engineer and Recon.
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
With an extremely long range and excellent damage, the M-24 is adept in both raiding and compound defense, being able to pick off enemies from a safe distance and counter hostile snipers.
However, its slow attack speed, long minimum range and high move speed penalty make it a good deal less useful in missions, where enemies are far more numerous. Its high ammo cost also makes it impractical to bring one, especially given its inefficiency against large groups.
Grouping its wielder with other survivors will help to counteract its weaknesses. In addition, its accuracy is somewhat low for a rifle, so handing it to a survivor that has a high Ranged combat skill and/or specializes in long rifles is recommended.
- Ammunition Mods to increase its relatively low damage.
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers to compensate for the slow reload.
- Glasses to enhance its effective range even further, with some variants increasing accuracy as well.
- Very High Damage
- Very Long Effective Range (longest of all weapons, tied with M107-CQ)
- Large Magazine (vs. other long rifles)
- High Ammo Cost (vs. other long rifles)
- Slow Fire Rate (vs. other long rifles)
- Slow Reload (vs. other long rifles)
- Loud (vs. other long rifles)
- Inaccurate (vs. other long rifles)
- High Move Speed Penalty
- Long Minimum Effective Range (vs. other long rifles)
- The M-24 originally had a base level of 17 and could be scavenged during Level 17+ missions. This was changed by the Vintage update.
- The M-24 is the only non-improvised firearm that has received the Vintage tag.