Background[edit | edit source]
An upsized version of the M-416, this battle rifle retains many of the same improvements over the M4 carbine. Its biggest difference from the M-416 is that it fires the hard hitting 7.62mm NATO round from a longer barrel, greatly increasing its stopping power and range.
Favored by some special forces and law enforcement units as a designated marksman's rifle.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
Recycling products[edit | edit source]
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Tactics[edit | edit source]
A relatively fast rate of fire combined with excellent damage per shot and long effective range lets it rip apart targets with ease from a safe distance. However, while a decently fast reload and relatively large magazine leaves it less vulnerable to being swarmed than other long rifles, it's still not recommended for close quarters and is best used from a distance, preferably with support from other survivors.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- Glasses to further improve range, with some variants improving accuracy as well.
- Bandoliers to improve reload speed, reducing the amount of time survivors spend reloading the weapon.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- High Damage
- Long Effective Range
- High RoF (vs other long rifles)
- Large Magazine (vs other long rifles)
- Reloads Quickly (vs other long rifles)
Cons[edit | edit source]
- High Ammo Cost
- Inaccurate (vs other long rifles)
- Moderate Move Speed Penalty
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The M-416 originally used the same inventory icon as the M-417 unless it had the Suppressed or Scoped conditions.
- The M-417's current 3D model originally belonged to the M-416, and vice-versa.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rate of Fire