- This article is about the version in TLS:DZ. For other versions, see M249 SAW (TLS2) or M249 SAW (TLS:UC). For an overview, see M249 SAW (overview).
|Real Life Name||
FN M249 Para
|Attacks Per Second||
13 - 18
See overview page.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 14+ missions.
- Level 17 Sighted Scoped variants can be crafted using a M249, 50 Machined Parts, 1 Sights, 1 Pipe, 2 Lenses and 10 Rivets at a Level 7+ Weapons Bench for 29 after scavenging or purchasing the required schematic at The Store for 500 . Also requires a Level 17+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 19 Custom Stock variants can be crafted using a M249 and 8 Machined Parts at a Level 9+ Weapons Bench for 11 after scavenging the required schematic.
- Level 20 Stabilized Custom Stock variants can be crafted using a M249 and 26 Machined Parts at a Level 8+ Weapons Bench for 25 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 20+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
As in the previous games, it is capable of mowing down wave after wave of zombies with ease, thanks to a massive magazine, high RoF and good damage per shot. However, once its magazine is inevitably emptied, it takes a very long time to be reloaded, leaving its wielder vulnerable to attacks. It would be wise to keep a survivor or two nearby to provide protection during this period, as well as ensuring it's always fully loaded by reloading between zombie attacks.
It is wise to give it to a Fighter, as the specialization will help improve the admittedly poor accuracy.
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers compensate for its slow reload.
- Extended Mags allow it to lay down even more fire before having to reload, with some variants decreasing reload time as well.
- Shoes reduce the speed penalty a bit.
- Good Damage
- Massive Magazine
- High RoF
- Inaccurate (vs. other LMGs)
- Reloads Slowly (slowest of all weapons)
- Very High Ammo Cost
- High Move Speed Penalty
- Low Range (lowest of all LMGs)