The M40 is a bolt-action rifle used by the USMC that has seen action in recent conflicts. Unlike the M24 rifle, which is also used by the military, all M40s are modified by military armorers using components from a number of suppliers instead of being factory-made as sniper rifles. The A5 series features a threaded muzzle and straight tapered barrel to allow the installation of a muzzle brake and sound suppressor.
Several of these rifles were diverted from the Middle East and shipped back home to aid in the control the outbreak.
How to obtainEdit
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
An improvement of the M24 it comes with the same strengths and weaknesses of its brethren, namely, the slow attack speed, high ammo cost, and same 10-round capacity. Still, the increased range, damage, and accuracy are more than welcome when it comes to counter hostile snipers/survivors during compound raid/defense, HERC troopers during Union Island or infected, should the wielder have the backup of fellow survivors.
- Glasses to increase its already long range, with some models increasing accuracy as well.
- Extended Mags to increase the number of shots fired before reloading.
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers to increase reload speed.
- Very Long Effective Range
- Very High Damage (highest of all rifles)
- High Knockback
- Very High Ammo Cost (highest of all rifles)
- Very Loud (vs. other long rifles)
- Long Minimum Effective Range (vs. other long rifles)
- Short Magazine
- Long Reload Speed (vs. other long rifles)
- Slow Fire Rate (vs. other long rifles)