|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
40 - 55
The latest incarnation of the venerable M60 series has ironed out the reliability issues that had caused its predecessors to be replaced by the M249 SAW and M-240. Already one of the lightest 7.62mm LMGs around, the E6 model is even lighter, making it perfect for special operations units who need some heavy firepower while travelling light.
Primarily in use with the Coast Guard and reserve units. It's also the LMG of choice for the Navy SEALs.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 44+ missions.
- Level 44 Maintained Quick Action variants can be crafted using a M60-E6 and 58 Hardened Metal at a level 13+ Weapons Bench for 55 . Also requires a level 44+ survivor of both the Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 44 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using a M60-E6 and 116 Hardened Metal at a level 13+ Weapons Bench for 55 . Also requires a level 44+ survivor of both the Engineer and Fighter.
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
With decent damage per shot, a high rate of fire and an incredibly massive magazine, this weapon is the very epitome of spray-and-pray, capable of laying down fire for extended periods of time, though at a high cost in ammunition. However, its incredible power is mitigated by its low accuracy, making it best suited to a survivor with either a high Ranged Combat skill and/or the LMG specialization. It also reloads at the very slow pace typical of a belt-fed weapon, necessitating cover by other survivors while doing so.
- Shooting Gloves to improve accuracy, as well as improving damage.
- Extended Mags to increase the time it can lay down fire.
- Glasses extend the range, with some variants improving accuracy.
- Bandoliers increase the reload speed.
- Shoes negate the move penalty somewhat.
- Ammunition Mods increase damage output, which reduces the amount of bullets needed to kill, thereby extending the time between reloads.
- Good Damage
- Long Effective Range (vs. other LMGs)
- Massive Magazine (largest of all LMGs)
- Fully Automatic
- High RoF[n 1]
- Very High Ammo Cost (highest of all all-class weapons)
- High Move Speed Penalty
- Reloads Slowly (slowest of all weapons)
- ↑ Rate Of Fire.
- The M60-E6's 200 base ammo cost cannot be modified by any amount of fire rate boosts. This cost however can still be affected by other gears/books, such as Ammunition Mods.