- This article is about the version featured in TLS:UC. For other versions, see Barrett (TLS1) and MSR-82. For an overview, see Barrett M82 (overview).
|Real Life Name||
Description[edit | edit source]
Large caliber sniper rifle.
Background[edit | edit source]
See overview page.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
- It is awarded to the player at the 75% Achievements Completion mark, and will be placed in the storage. This is the only way of acquiring it. If it is disposed, the player cannot obtain it again for that character.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
While a devastating weapon to behold, the player must be wary of its long length and recovery after every shot, rendering them vulnerable to incoming enemies and reducing considerably its RoF. The M82 Sniper also uses an extremely rare, unique ammo type, and is the heaviest of all weapons in the game. This devastating beast is best used sparingly in open areas or given to a companion, as they have unlimited ammunition available. The M24 Rifle can outclass it if it has the military variant.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Very High Damage (highest of all rifles)
- Very Accurate
- Reloads Quickly
- Can penetrate multiple targets
- Can penetrate armor
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Very Long Length
- Slow RoF[n 2]
- Very Heavy (heaviest of all weapons)
- Scarce Ammo Type
- Obtained through achievements only (75% completion)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Materiel" means "military equipment". Thus, "anti-materiel" is a designation for rifles designed for use against military equipment, such as unarmored or lightly-armored vehicles.
- Rate of Fire
Media[edit | edit source]
|This section contains audio and/or video files.|
If you are having difficulty playing these files, see media help.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
|One shot from the M82|
|Three consecutive shots from the M82|
|All rounds being fired, plus reload sound|