- This article is about the version featured in TLS:DZ. For other versions, see Barrett (TLS1) and M82 Sniper (TLS:UC). For an overview, see Barrett M82 (overview).
Background[edit | edit source]
This descendant of the original M82 frightens even its users with its deafening sounds and intimidating size. The mounted bipod and lengthy barrel puts it on par with the M107, but its absurd weight makes it difficult even for a well-equipped team to carry around.
Used exclusively by the military.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
- It can be scavenged during Level 51+ missions.
- Level 51+ variants can be scavenged during the Raid on Union Island.
- Level 51 Maintained Scoped variants can be crafted using an MSR-82, 140 Machined Parts, 1 Pipe, and 2 Lenses at a Level 15+ Weapons Bench for 63 . Also requires a Level 51+ Fighter and Engineer.
- Level 51 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using an MSR-82, 300 Machined Parts, 1 Pipe, and 2 Lenses at a Level 15+ Weapons Bench for 89 . Also requires a Level 51+ Fighter and Engineer.
Recycling products[edit | edit source]
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Tactics[edit | edit source]
While it sports a larger magazine than its M107 sibling, its large minimum effective range makes it dangerously ineffective at close range. Its move speed penalty is also the highest in the game, making it difficult for its wielder to flee. The MSR-82 is best used in large maps with plenty of open space, and should be adequately covered by other survivors. It may also be better used in compound defense, rather than on missions.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- Ammunition Mods to beef up its already immense damage rating.
- Extended Mags/Bandoliers to improve its reload speed.
- Glasses to improve accuracy and range.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Very High Damage
- High Knockback (highest of all rifles)
- Large Magazine (vs. other rifles)
- Very Long Effective Range
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Extremely High Move Speed Penalty (highest of all weapons)
- Slow Reload Speed
- Very Long Minimum Effective Range
- Very Loud
- Very High Ammo Cost (highest of all rifles)
- Requires Leader/Recon
- Slow Aim Time (slowest of all weapons)
- Slow RoF
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though it has a scope by default, it can still be crafted with the Scoped attachment at the Weapons Bench.