|Attacks Per Second||
254 - 275
See overview page.
How to obtainEdit
- Level 55 Murderous variants can be crafted using a Machined MG42 at a Level 6+ Weapons Bench for 200 .
Despite being the most inaccurate weapon in the game, the MG42 packs a high damage per second rating, making it invaluable during large horde attacks. Its slow reload speed, however, puts its wielder in great danger, so support from other survivors is recommended, as is having a gear item that can boost the weapon's reload speed, such as a bandolier.
Unlike most heavy weapons, the MG42 does not carry a move speed penalty, meaning that the wielder can evacuate quickly if needed. This is a benefit for fighters, who are already slow to begin with.
- Weapon Cleaning Tools to improve its horrendous accuracy.
- Extended Mags to further bolster its already large magazine size.
- Bandoliers reduce the amount of time needed to reload the weapon.
- Glasses to extend range even further, with some variants slightly improving its poor accuracy.
- Commando Gear, which offers a combination of increased reload speed, damage and ranged combat.
- Very High Damage (highest of all heavy weapons)
- High RoF[n 1]
- Large Magazine Size
- Good Knockback
- Long Effective Range
- No Movement Penalty
- Very Inaccurate (lowest of all weapons)
- Very Loud
- High Ammo Cost
- Reloads Slowly
- Only available through crafting
- ↑ Rate of Fire