Notes are the various messages left behind by survivors in The Last Stand: Union City. They can be found throughout Union City. They tell the stories of the various survivors that left them behind and how they were coping with the zombie apocalypse, and typically come in the form of a message written on the wall, a diary or an actual note.
- 1 List of Notes (ordered by storyline)
- 1.1 Pinedale
- 1.2 Brookvale
- 1.3 Canal Park
- 1.4 Newtown
- 1.5 Uptown
- 1.6 Stadium
- 1.7 Docks
- 1.8 Waterside
- 1.9 Union Island
- 1.10 Whistler's Forest
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Notes
List of Notes (ordered by storyline)[edit | edit source]
Smith Street[edit | edit source]
- 10 Smith Street, on the fridge.
- I CALLED THE PIZZA PLACE BUT GOT SOME REALLY WEIRD ANSWER SO I'M GOING DOWN THERE TO GET THE PIZZA.
Tanner Street[edit | edit source]
- 860 Tanner Street, on the wall in the first section.
- YOU AREN'T HERE. YOU GAVE ME YOUR WORD YOU WOULD BE HERE FOR ME.
- YOU LIED. HOW AM I GOING TO GET OUT OF HERE? I HATE YOU!
- 862 Tanner Street, on the table when you enter.
- DEAR MOMMY,
- NANA SAYS I HAVE TO WRITE GOODBI TO YOU BUT I DONT NO WHY I KEEP HEARING SCREAMS AND I HOPE THE PEPOL ARE OK [sic]
- I MISS YOU MOMMY! JULIA
8th Avenue[edit | edit source]
- Brookvale Heights, contains 2:
- 1. On the first floor, in the room off to the left of the entrance.
- TIFFANY, I LOVE YOU.
- OH GOD WHAT WOULDN'T I GIVE TO BE ABLE TO TELL YOU THIS ONE LAST TIME.
- TO HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS; I WOULD GIVE MYSELF TO DEATH IF THAT ASSURED YOUR SAFETY. I WONDER IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW. IF YOU EVER FIND THIS TIFFANY, KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU.
- - CARSON
- 2. On the second floor, above the left-most bedside table. This is quest-critical, and is written in blue.
- XXXX,[n 1]
- I'VE GONE TO THE HOSPITAL TO HELP OUT WHERE I CAN. COME MEET ME THERE.
- LOVE BETH / MATT
Jefferson Avenue[edit | edit source]
- Glendale Apartments, contains 4:
- 1. Room 104, on the floor to the left.
- DEAR ANNOYING PRICK,
- WITH THIS WHOLE THING GOING ON, I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT STOP TRYING TO GET IN MY PANTS. BUT NO. YOU KEPT AT IT. I WISH I COULD JUST KILL YOU, BUT I'M TOO NICE FOR THAT. SO I'M SABOTAGING YOUR LITTLE ESCAPE PLAN.
- HAVE FUN WITH YOUR BURNING BOAT.
- — VIOLET 3
- 2. Room 204, on the table in the 2nd room.
- WENT LOOKING FOR TOMMY AT HIS SCHOOL. I FOUND HIM, HE WAS WITH FRIENDS, ALL TURNED INTO THOSE 'THINGS'. BIT ME GOOD IN THE HAND.
- DON'T COME LOOKING FOR US.
- I'M SORRY, I TRIED.
- LOVE, JOHN
- 3. Room 203
- DEAR JENNY,
- IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I FEAR MY LIFE WILL SOON END. I KNOW THE CHANCES OF YOU FINDING THIS NOTE ARE VERY SLIM. PLEASE DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. JUST TRY TO GET THE KIDS OUT OF UNION CITY. KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU AND THE KIDS DEARLY. NOT A MOMENT GOES BY I DON'T THINK ABOUT YOU
- - JOHN
- 4. Room 201, on the fridge.
- EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL.THE APARTMENT IS JUST A WRECKED MESS. I HID IN THE CLOSET, BUT YOUR NOT GOING TO FIND ME HERE, LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN.
- JUST LEAVE ACROSS THE SEA NOW!
- GOOD-BYE NINA, LOVE CHRIS
- Contains 5:
- 1. There are two in the lobby, both on the right side.
- This facility has been QUARANTINED by Homeland Environmental Risk Control.
- Attempts to leave the quarantine zone will be met with SEVERE CONSEQUENCES.
- Any persons who have been in contact with the affected should present themselves to the nearest HERC Emergency station.
- To the right of last note.
- WELL THAT QUARANTINE WENT WELL, HUH!?
- 2. Second room on the third floor.
- RELEASE THE SOULS OF THE BLESSED AND THE DAMNED. I AM NOT YOUR KEEPER. OH GOD FORGIVE ME, FOR I HAVE SINNED.
- 3. Two in the third area of the fourth floor, first one on the desk.
- HAD A PATIENT WALK INTO THE HOSPITAL TODAY, LITERALLY WALKED, FROM GLENDALE. IT'S 100 MILES FROM HERE! HIS SHOES WERE TORN APART, CLOTHING RAGGED. HE LOOKED AT DEATHS DOOR.
- ON TOP OF ALL THAT HE WAS NURSING A BITE ON HIS LEG. IT DIDN'T APPEARED TO BLEED MUCH, THOUGH IT SHOWED SOME STRANGE COAGULATION AROUND THE SITE.
- KEEP AN EYE ON HIM, PLEASE, SOMETHING GOING ON THERE!
- The second one in the filing cabinets.
- PATIENT: Con Johnson
- D.O.B.: 8 - 8 - 1979
- ADDRESS: 1250 8th Avenue, Glendale.
- Patient walked into emergency on May 15 showing signs of severe fatigue.
- On inspection by Dr. Burkman, patient's BP and HR were slightly elevated, hydration was severely lacking. Suspected that patient walked from his home in Glendale.
- Patient had what appears to be an animal bite on his left calf. Possible rabies is present.
Houston Street[edit | edit source]
- The warehouse with the private parking sign outside contains 3 notes:
- 1.There are two in the second area of the first floor, on the right.
- THE FLAWS IN THE AIR ARE EXCELLING, EXPANDING, THE RAIN IS TURNING MORE SOUR BY THE DAY, I LONG FOR A HOME, FOR PEACE.
- I'M FREE NOW, FROM THIS WRETCHED HELL.
- - VALENTINE
- 2. To the right of the last note:
- DEAR CARLY,
- JESSIE LEFT, SHE WENT EAST AFTER HEARING THAT BROADCAST, THE OLD HOUSE IS BAD NEWS, THERE IS A LOT OF THEM AROUND IT SO I SET OUT NORTH, I HEAR IT'S MUCH SAFER UP THERE. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND I THOUGHT A LOT OF YOU AND I WISH YOU NEVER WENT BACK FOR JAKE, WATCH YOURSELF.
- LOVE CURTIS
- 3. One on the second floor, above the bed.
- IT'S THE GOVERNMENT. I KNOW IT'S THE GOVERNMENT. IT'S ALWAYS THE GOVERNMENT. THEY WANT TO KILL US ALL. THEY WILL DECLARE MARTIAL LAW AND ERASE OUR RIGHTS. THEY ARE IN CAHOOTS WITH THE ALIENS AND THE COMMUNISTS. I'VE ALWAYS KNOW IT. WHO'S THE FOOL NOW?
Washington Ave[edit | edit source]
- Earl of Burger, on the mirror in the ladies' room.
- THEY CLOSED THE STORE WITH ME IN IT HERE! IT'S BEEN DAYS AND ALL I'VE HEARD IS SCREAMING. I'M FAIRLY SURE NO-ONE IS COMING FOR ME, I GUESS THIS IS GOODBYE.
- In the tunnel Safehouse.
- THIS PLACE IS NOT SAFE! NOWHERE IS SAFE!
- YOU WILL DIE JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. ABANDON HOPE. ABANDON GOD LIKE HE ABANDONED US.
Main Street[edit | edit source]
- Central Building, on the second floor.
- TO ANYONE WHO READ THIS: I SEE IT EVERYWHERE. I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. IT TELLS ME TO KILL AND I DO, HOPING IT GOES AWAY. BUT NO MATTER HOW MANY OF THOSE THINGS I KILL IT COMES BACK. WORDS, THOUGHTS, DEATH, ALWAYS IN MY HEAD. I END IT ALL TO PROTECT PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND TO STOP IT. GOODBYE.
- 1. There are 3 Notes by the entrance outside, 2 on the left of the entrance.
- HEADING NORTH, HEARD IT WAS SAFE. I DON'T KNOW THOUGH. I'VE BEEN TO SO MANY 'SAFE HEAVENS' THAT WERE OVERRUN BY THEM. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. THE KIDS ARE SCARED. IM [sic] NOT THE RELIGIOUS ONE, BUT I TELL YEAH, I'VE PRAYED SO MUCH MY HANDS HURT. HOPE IT HELPS. GOD BE WITH US?
- GOOD LUCK, AARON
- 2. Next to the right.
- THINGS HAVE GONE HORRIBLY WRONG. MEET ME IN AFRICA.
- LOVE, JILL
- 3. To the right of the entrance.
- REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU AND ALWAYS RESPECT, PROTECT AND OBEY YOUR FATHER AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I AM GOING TO LEAVE YOU FOREVER BECAUSE I AM TOO SICK TO GO ON. BLESS YOU MY SON AND WHEN YOUR TIME COMES TO GO, YOU WILL FIND ME WAITING FOR YOU.
- 4. Room 301, on the bed.
- DEAR DIARY,
- YESTERDAY A STRANGE MAN BIT ME ON THE ARM. IT'S STARTING TO REALLY HURT AND IT SMELLS REALLY REALLY BAD, HOPEFULLY MUMMY WON'T NOTICE IT AND SEND ME AWAY LIKE SHE DID DADDY. MUMMY SAYS WE ARE LEAVING TO GO ON A SHORT HOLIDAY TOMORROW, IT SOUNDS LIKE FUN BUT I WISH DADDY WAS COMING WITH US.
Lincoln Avenue[edit | edit source]
- Gas Station, on the lowest shelf in 3rd cupboard.
- MORALITY TODAY'S NOT THE DAY FOR THAT. IT'S EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF NOW. SURVIVAL INSTINCT OVERRIDES COMPASSION AND REASON. DON'T HESITATE BEHIND THE TRIGGER - THOSE THINGS JUST AREN'T PEOPLE ANYMORE. WE CAN CRY WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER.
- Boothtique, contains 2:
- 1. On the desk at the right of the store.
- HEY JON
- I'VE GOT A STORE UP ONLINE IN RETURN OF ALL THE ARTWORK YOU USED IN THAT VAMPIRE FUTURE SPLASH GAME YOU'RE MAKING.
- YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT HERE:
- IF YOU COULD LINK TO IT IN THE GAME SOMEHOW THAT'D BE GREAT.
- CHEERS, BOOTHY
- 2. Under the image near the desk.
- SCAN ME
10th Avenue[edit | edit source]
- Harrison & Harrison Broking, room to the left of the entrance.
- WHATS GOIN' ON FIRST 'CULT MURDERERS' THEN 'CANNIBALS' NOW THEY TELL EVERYONE TO GO HERE OR THERE TELLING DIFFERENT PEOPLE DIFFERENT THINGS
- GOD, THE ARMY ISN'T EVEN GIVING THEIR OWN SOLDIERS ORDERS. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?
- Main section of the stadium, contains 4:
- 1. There are two in the registration office, behind Kate Hammond. These are quest-critical.
- EMERGENCY REG. #001
- EVAL. CENTER
- Ashley Wayans
- Roger Wayans
- Peter Wright
- Harley Roland - RELOCATED
- Marisa Chan - RELOCATED
- Phillip Stevens
- Rolando Estevez
- Rosa Estevez
- Vincent Caravella
- Steven Jones
- Kate Scott
- 2. To the right of the last one:
- EMERGENCY REG. #002
- Elsa Lee - RELOCATED
- Luke Lee - RELOCATED
- 3. Two more past the doors to the restrooms.
- IF CIVILIANS WOULD'VE DEFENDED THE CITY INSTEAD OF FALLING INTO PANIC, IT WOULD'NT BE LOST. [sic]
- 4.To the right:
- R.I.P. - GINO GENSON
- FOUGHT OFF AND KILLED 21 INFECTED BEFORE SUCCUMBING TO HIS WOUNDS.
HERC Command Post[edit | edit source]
- On the desk in the middle of the first room. This is quest-critical.
- RELOCATION ORDERS - #240
- Subjects that have been pre-screened and show signs underlined is Standard 101A are to be relocated to the temporary facility in established within Union Park at Uptown.
- All request by civilians for information regarding location of those relocated is to be DENIED as a matter of Homeland Security.
Docks[edit | edit source]
Merchant Street[edit | edit source]
- Abandoned Office, on the bed at the right-most side of the second floor.
- NOTE TO SELF: TRUST COSTS FOOD
- NEXT CHUMP WHO KNOCKS AT MY DOOR LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO STAY HAS TO PAY UP. I CAN'T AFFORD TO GIVE EVERYONE A FREE PASS, ESPECIALLY AFTER THAT LAST GUY TURNED ON ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
Stanton Drive - Church[edit | edit source]
- AND THE LORD WILL SEND A PLAGUE ON ALL THE NATIONS. THEIR PEOPLE WILL BECOME LIKE WALKING CORPSES, THEIR FLESH ROTTING AWAY.
- THEIR EYES WILL ROT ON THEIR SOCKETS, AND THEIR TONGUES WILL ROT ON THEIR MOUTHS.
- ON THAT DAY THEY WILL BE TERRIFIED, STRICKEN BY THE LORD WITH GREAT PANIC.
Does not contain any notes.
Main Street[edit | edit source]
- HONEY I'LL BE BACK BY THE TIME YOU GET BACK.
- I LOCKED THE KEYS TO THE WAREHOUSE INSIDE THE SAFE, NOW I CAN'T FIND THE DAMN THINGS, GOING BACK TO THE HOUSE TO FIND THEM.
- WAIT HERE!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are two Achievements for reading notes: NOTED - For reading 5 notes, and I KNOW - for reading 30 notes.
- There are a total of 35 notes in the game.
- One of the notes that can be found outside Whistler Hotel, Uptown, is a reference to the Resident Evil video game series, specifically Resident Evil 5, which is set in Africa and features the characters Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- XXXX being the character's first name, if specified.
- XXXX being the character's last name, if specified.
- Strangely, Barry's spouse is not on the list of names. This is either a mistake made by the developers, or that Barry's spouse did not inherit his last name for unspecified purposes.