- Not to be confused with the PDW-M.
|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
25 - 30
A compact PDW[n 1] in bullpup configuration, it's one of the few PDWs to use a standard assault rifle caliber. It features a pistol grip and ergonomics similar to the P-90, ambidextrous ejection system and controls and a tactical rail to install any desired optics.
Production of this gun was halted before the outbreak and only a few police forces and government agencies managed to acquire some.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 45+ missions.
- Level 45 Compensated Custom Action variants can be crafted using a PDW-R and 58 Hardened Metal at a Level 14+ Weapons Bench for 56 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 45+ Engineer and Scavenger.
- Level 45 Sighted Modified variants can be crafted using a PDW-R and 116 Hardened Metal at a Level 14+ Weapons Bench for 78 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 45+ Engineer and Scavenger.
- Barrel x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
This weapon's high rate of fire and quick reload means that it can quickly spray an almost continuous stream of lead. Unlike other spray and pray weapons, the PDW-R is more accurate compared to the others, meaning that most of its low powered shots will hit flesh and not air. The lower damage is compensated by high accuracy and rate of fire, making sure enemies get overwhelmed with the amount of bullets. Other than its rather high ammo cost, the only major downside is one it shares with most SMGs: its short range.
- Glasses boost the short range.
- Good Damage
- High RoF[n 2] (highest of all SMGs)
- Accurate (vs. other SMGs)
- Reloads Quickly (vs. other SMGs)
- Large Magazine
- High Ammo Cost (vs. other SMGs)
- Short Effective Range
- As of February 21, 2014, the PDW-R, originally classed as an Assault Rifle, was reclassified as a SMG. This may be due to the fact that the weapon is shorter and isn't meant to be used in the same way as typical Assault Rifles. It may also be due to a lack of SMGs in the levels it's available in.
- The PDW-R is thus far the only SMG in the series whose real life counterpart does not fire either standard pistol cartridges or special PDW rounds.