The Russian Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemy Simonova (Self-loading Carbine of the Simonov system) is a Soviet-made semi-automatic rifle designed by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov in 1944. Though the Soviets quickly phased out the SKS in favor of the AK-47, millions of SKS rifles were produced in China and soon sold overseas as curio items in the U.S. up until 1994.
Seen as the "poor man's deer rifle", Chinese copies are the most common find, although ceremonial variants of the Soviet version are still used by the Russian Honor Guard today.
How to obtainEdit
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Treated Wood x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
The SKS a fast firing rifle with a small minimum effective range and balanced damage. Its reload speed and capacity might cause disdain among players but both can be corrected with the appropriate gear. Survivors specialized in rifles will benefit from this weapon should they have backup from fellow survivors.
- Extended Mags to increase its short magazine, allowing more shots to be fired.
- Glasses to improve its accuracy, with some variants increasing range as well.
- Bandoliers to speed up reloading time and take down infected more quickly.
- Ammunition Mods to increase the damage output and take down infected faster.
- Attacks Quickly
- High Damage (vs. other long rifles)
- Long Effective Range (vs. other long rifles)
- Short Minimum Effective Range (vs. other long rifles)
- High Ammo Cost (vs. other long rifles)
- Short Magazine (vs. other long rifles)
- Long Reload Speed (vs. other long rifles)