The Russian Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemy Simonova (Self-loading Carbine of the Simonov system) is a Soviet-made semi-automatic rifle designed by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov in 1944. Though the Soviets quickly phased out the SKS in favor of the AK-47, millions of SKS rifles were produced in China and soon sold overseas as curio items in the U.S. up until 1994.
Seen as the "poor man's deer rifle", Chinese copies are the most common find, although original Soviet variants can occasionally be found. Also used by Russian Honor Guards today.
How to obtainEdit
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Treated Wood x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
The SKS a fast firing rifle with a small minimum effective range. Its ammo cost and capacity might cause disdain amongst players but that can be corrected with the appropriate gear. Giving it to survivors specialized in rifles will be a boost to survivors looking for something with a balanced damage, range and reload speed.
- Extended Mags to increase its short magazine, allowing more shots to be fired.
- Glasses to improve its accuracy, with some variants increasing range as well.
- Bandoliers to speed up reloading time and take down infected more quickly.