|Real Life Name||
|Minimum Effective Range||
|Attacks Per Second||
65 - 85
Background[edit | edit source]
A semi-automatic rifle bearing the name of its designer, intended to allow Soviet marksmen embedded in infantry squads to provide effective long-range fire support. Its ease of operation and rapid yet accurate rate of fire make it an incredibly popular weapon with today's snipers, despite the age of its design.
The primary sniper rifle of former-Soviet nations, it has also been sold in commercial forms to the hunting community.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
- It can be scavenged during Level 29+ missions.
- Level 31 Scoped variants can be crafted using a SVD and 14 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 19 .
- Level 31 Maintained Scoped variants can be crafted using a SVD and 42 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 38 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 31+ Engineer.
- Level 31 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using a SVD, 84 Machined Parts, 1 Sights, 1 Pipe, 2 Lenses and 10 Rivets at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 54 after scavenging or purchasing the required schematic at The Store for 1,150 . Also requires a Level 31+ Engineer and Recon.
Recycling products[edit | edit source]
- Sights x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Barrel x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Tactics[edit | edit source]
This weapon acts like a cross between a FAL and a M-24, leaning more towards the former due to its high rate of fire. However, it hits harder and is more accurate than the former, making this weapon even more effective. Unfortunately, like the latter, it has a small magazine; when combined with an extremely long reload time, the user will most likely spend more time reloading than shooting. Be sure to provide support from other survivors.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers to quicken its extremely long reload sequence.
- Ammunition Mods to further increase its damage.
- Extended Mags to increase its small magazine.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- High Damage
- Long Effective Range
- High RoF[n 1] (vs other rifles)
- Large Magazine (vs other rifles)
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Reloads Very Slowly (slowest of all rifles)
- High Ammo Cost
- Moderate Move Speed Penalty
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rate of Fire