The Last Stand: Aftermath is the upcoming fifth installment in The Last Stand series. It was first teased on the Con Artist Games Twitter page, and then later revealed at PAX Australia 2018. The game is being developed with the Unity engine for PC and console.
On October 26, 2018, a Facebook and Twitter account for the game were created, though there were no official announcements about the game outside of third-party sources. The game was slated to be available for early access sometime in 2019, although this was delayed into 2021.
On May 1, 2020, the game was announced to be coming to Steam. The developers stated on the game's Steam page that Early Access will run through mid-2021 and that the official release date was scheduled for sometime in 2021.
On September 22, 2020, an official Patreon project was launched for the game. The project closed one month later, on October 22, after raising $60,269 USD of their $50,000 goal. Beta access is planned to be given to Patreon backers starting late November 2020, although an early access release has yet to be scheduled.
Description[edit | edit source]
You are already dead.
The infection has you. Make your last stand beyond the wall.
Find a better future for those you leave behind.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
The game is set 15 years after the events of The Last Stand: Union City. Most of the world's population has been wiped out by the zombie apocalypse. A compound called "The End" is the last bastion of hope in Union City. However, anyone who gets infected with or exposed to the zombie virus is to be exiled, under agreement from the community that anyone who gets infected must leave the compound.
The player takes on these exiled characters, who must make their last stand in the wilderness out on their own while trying to make things better for the community that they have left behind. All characters that the player takes on will eventually succumb to the infection, or perish via other means.
Media[edit | edit source]
|This section contains audio and/or video files.|
If you are having difficulty playing these files, see media help.
References[edit | edit source]
- Con Artist Games on Twitter: Not long now...@PAXAus. Published 25 October 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- PAX Rising | PAX AUS - Melbourne, VIC - Oct 26 - 28, 2018 § The Last Stand: Aftermath. PAX AUS. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- The Last Stand Aftermath PAX INTERVIEW. Uploaded by Szamer m on 1 December 2018. YouTube. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- The Last Stand: Aftermath added a new photo. Facebook. Published 26 October 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- Con Artist Games on Twitter: Are you ready to make a stand?. Published 1 May 2020. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- Official website