- TLS:FORUM redirects here. For the actual forums, see Forum:Index.
|This is an official The Last Stand Wiki policy|
Policies provides a guideline that all editors should normally follow. Major changes, proposals, or other policy-related matters should be discussed at the Watercooler forum first.
|This page in a nutshell: When posting on the forums, please be nice and respectful to other editors.|
The Forums are a place for the community to get together and discuss just about anything. Anything wiki-related, questions, concerns, comments, etc. should go there. However, users should remember that the forums are not a total free-for-all - they are not lawless bars or battlegrounds. All users that use the forums should abide to these rules. Failure to comply to these guidelines may result in a block from editing the wiki.
Things NOT to do on the forumsEdit
The following things are strictly prohibited, and may result in a block if repeatedly broken.
- Using racist, sexist, homophobic, or hateful language.
- Posting pornographic or NSFW (Not Safe For Work) material. There are no exceptions - we are NOT a porn site.
- Discussing illegal activities, including (but not limited to) hacking, cracks, warez, and piracy.
- Instigating or discussing malicious attacks on other websites.
- Posting any member's real life information without permission.
- Impersonating another user, either by creating a new account similar to the victim, or by simply saying "Hi I am actually this user".
- Using sockpuppet accounts to attempt to "simulate" discussions, or to gain hold of an argument.
- Harassing, flaming, or instigating personal attacks on other users. This includes death threats, legal threats, threats of rape, blackmail, etc.
- Image spamming - posting the same image over and over to flood the page with images.
- Creating ASCII art. As impressive as such creations may seem, this is not the place for it.
- POSTING IN ALL CAPS. THIS IS KNOWN AS SHOUTING. PLEASE DON'T SHOUT - WE CAN HEAR YOU JUST FINE.
- Editing other people's posts to change the meaning or position of it. In short, try not to edit other people's posts at all, unless you're fixing typo or grammar (make sure you don't change the argument or meaning of the post in the process).
Other important guidelines to knowEdit
Before using the forums, please keep in mind the following guidelines to make everyone's browsing experience easier:
- SIGN YOUR POSTS!!! Nothing drives people crazier than seeing a comment that is not signed. To sign your post, simply add 4 tildes (~~~~) at the end of your remarks. It's that simple!
- Use proper spelling and grammar. Tis iz nut teh chat ruoms. I ned 2 kno wut u r talkig aboot.
- Make sure you're posting in the correct forum. Don't post your lovely new compound layout in the Help Desk forum.
Any administrator may lock a topic from editing if it violates a rule, or is being met with negative reaction from the community and should be locked to prevent new posts from being added. If a thread gets locked, do NOT create a new thread to complain/boast about it, as that thread will likely be locked as well.
If you feel that a thread was locked in error, contact an administrator.
In general, just be nice and in your best behaviour when posting on the forums. Relax and be friendly with others! Remember, the forums are a place for you to talk to other editors, not for you to hold wars or be a jerk. If you can't follow these simple rules, then simply don't post.
|The Last Stand Wiki Policies|
|Article policies||Item Stats Policy · Manual of Style · Page Titles Policy · Vandalism Policy|
|Behavioral policies||Assume good faith · Be Bold · Chat Rules · Forum Rules · Please don't bite the newbies|
|General Wiki policies||What The Last Stand Wiki is not|