Whistler's Forest is a location featured in The Last Stand: Union City. It can only be accessed after purchasing the Survival Kit, and along with the Stadium, has a danger level of 10 (the fifth highest in the game).
It is an area, as the name suggests, with a forest reserve and a few houses—the typical small town community.
The Road Out Town (Highway)Edit
- You won't see any zombies, NPCs or houses, so just keep walking.
- There are 4 NPCs, Paul and Jeb White (they are brothers), and Clarence and Fern Dillinger (they are married), that are standing next to a van. Jeb gives you a quest:
- 3/3 Gallons of Gas (quest item, not the ammo type)
- 1/1 Socket Set
- 1/1 Fan Belt
The items can be found in homes on the last two streets, but be careful when you complete the quest: talk to Jeb, but stay close to him, since he and his brother Paul will start shooting at you because they're actually bandits. They are armed with an Ambrose Shotgun and a Death Adder .45 respectively, so be quick. After killing the two, talk to Clarence and Fern and they'll thank the player for saving their lives because they were captured and held hostage by Paul and Jeb. You'll then receive the cash reward.
- Dirt road which contains the entrance to the Whistler's Forest Nature Reserve. If you want, you can venture into the forest now, but be forewarned that it is incredibly easy to become lost without proper directions. You can find a rusty fridge (contains a Sharpened Machete and Arrows), a bag containing ammo, a footlocker containing a M4A1 and some 5.56 mm ammo, five bodies with the Blood Samples needed for a quest, and the log cabin where Terry Granger lives.
- Just walk through, there will be some zombies though.
- 10 Town Road, an unsafe house. Contains a Socket Set [Quest Item], a Be Prepared, a Wild Man, a Glendale Hunter, and a Nightwatchmen Monthly skillbook as well as some food. The room upstairs contains a key to a Safe and some clothing.
- 12 Town Road, an unsafe store. Contains a lot of food, Cash and a Gallon of Gas[Quest Item].
- 14 Town Road, an unsafe house. Contains a Shotgun, some Shells, and some Cash.
- 10 Main Street, a safehouse. Contains 2 NPCs, Lisa Granger on the first floor and Phillip Best on the second floor. Both will give you quests. Also contains Cash, a lot of ammo, and some food.
- 12 Main Street, an unsafe garage building. Contains a Claw Hammer, a Sledge, 1 Fan Belt [Quest Item], a Pipe, a Tire Iron and a Gallon of Gas [Quest Item].
- 14 Main Street, an unsafe house. Contains some ammo and Cash, a Death Adder .45, and a Jacked Up skillbook.
- Store, an unsafe store. Has a Safe which contains a key to the Warehouse, and a lot of cash. Near the door there is a Note.
- Warehouse, an unsafe warehouse. A key is required to enter. Contains some Cash and a Gallon of Gas [Quest Item].
Lisa gives you a quest:
Into The WildsEdit
The map is located below (click to enlarge):
- Find her brother, Terry Granger, in the forest reserve.
Reward: Hell Slinger
You'll need to enter the forest and follow this path.
- Enter the reserve.
- Go left until you find the first path with an arrow that goes up.
- Keep walking left until you find a pond, go right of that pond.
- Go right and enter the first path you find, keep to the right until you find the old fence. Go to the right of the fence.
- Go left and enter the third path (it has an arrow pointing up). Keep walking left until you find a stick with a red can.
- Enter the path to the right of the stick and can (also an arrow pointing up). Go this way, go left and you'll find the cabin where Terry is hiding.
- To exit the forest, you'll have to follow the directions given in the map (link above), since there is no defined path for exiting. Just keep trying carefully; if you find yourself going in circles, you are doing something wrong.
Philip gives you a quest:
- 4/4 Blood Samples
You should be able to get the samples from the bodies in the forest, just look everywhere.
- The name Whistler's Forest is likely based on the town of Whistler's Grove in The Last Stand 2, or vice versa.
- Whistler Hotel in Uptown is likely based on Whistler's Forest and/or Whistler's Grove.