- This article is about the LMG variant in TLS:DZ. For the assault rifle variant, see XM8 (TLS:UC) or XM8 (TLS:DZ). For the Mk II variant, see XM8-LMG Mk II. For an overview, see XM8 (overview).
Background[edit | edit source]
See overview page.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
- Level 19 Normal variants can be purchased for 2,500 at the The Store.
- Level 15 Normal variants might be obtained by opening Level 18 Trick or Treat Trunks (no longer available).
- Level 15 Normal variants might be obtained by opening Nice or Naughty Z-Mas Boxes (no longer available).
- Level 15 Normal variants might be obtained by opening certain Re-Re-Released HERC Tactical Response Supply Box variants (no longer available).
- There is a very low chance of obtaining Normal variants of varying levels by opening supply boxes.
Recycling products[edit | edit source]
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Basically a M249 SAW with increased range, rate of fire, damage per shot and accuracy, in addition to a faster reload speed, it is capable of mowing down multiple waves of zombies with ease. However, whilst it reloads more quickly than the SAW, it still does so slowly and it would be a good idea to keep a survivor nearby to protect its wielder during this period of vulnerability.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers decrease the reloading time.
- Extended Mags allow it to lay down even more fire before having to reload, with some variants decreasing reload times as well.
Pros[edit | edit source]
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Reloads Slowly
- Very High Ammo Cost
- Only available through The Store or supply boxes
- Low Move Speed Penalty (vs. other LMGs)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rate of Fire