|Real Life Name||
Heckler & Koch XM8
|Attacks Per Second||
45 - 55
Background[edit | edit source]
This experimental weapon based on the German G36 is HERC's custom version of the XM8, a prototype assault rifle designed to replace the aging M16/M4 rifles. What makes it unique from its basis is its versatility, allowing the operator to perform quick repairs and barrel changes on-site.
Developed by HERC, it has been field tested by HERC and survivors alike.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
- It can be scavenged during Level 51+ missions.
- Level 51+ variants can be scavenged during the Raid on Union Island.
Recycling products[edit | edit source]
- Firing Pin x 1
- Barrel x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's level and attachments/conditions)
- Treated Wood x Variable (dependent on the item's level and attachments/conditions)
Tactics[edit | edit source]
With its short reload, high damage and accuracy, fast attack speed, and long range, the XMR-15 is a formidable weapon during both horde attacks and at attacking from a distance. Its small magazine size leaves something to be desired, although gear can be equipped to further decrease its already impressive reload time.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- Extended Mags to allow more shots to be fired before reloading, with some variants increasing reload speed as well.
- Ammunition Pouchs/Bandoliers for faster reloads.
- Glasses to increase its effective range, with some variants increasing accuracy as well.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- High Damage
- Good Range
- Low Ammo Cost (vs. other assault rifles)
- Reloads Quickly
- High RoF[n 1]
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Low Ammo Capacity (vs. other assault rifles)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rate of Fire